Oxycodone Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions
Oxycodone is a narcotic in nature and popular drug use in the treatment of severe pain. It is a comparatively potent medication that helps in chronic pain management.
Doctors recommend oxycodone after surgery and operations. OxyCodone is not to be used in acute for pain that is not around-the-clock.
Let know about
Oxycodone and other Drug interactions
Drug interactions can alter the working and effects of your medication. Sometimes, it may cause an overdose that may require immediate medical care. Some drugs, foods, and herbal products may interact with your medicine. Therefore, ask your doctor and be aware of the possible drug interactions with Oxycodone
So, remember that these drug interactions can become severe sometimes. However, ask your doctor for the possible drug interactions with your medication.
Some of the known drug interactions with Oxycodone include:
- Opioids including Tramadol, Percocet, and Codeine
- Alcohol and liquor
- Orange juice
- Vitamin C
- Some herbal products
- CNS stimulants
- Some drugs that may cause respiratory depression
What are the side effects of Oxycodone?
Oxycodone might not cause any side effects in prescribed and short term usage. Also, they mostly occur when your doses are not correct or do not suit you.
Some known side effects of Oxycodone may include:
- and stomach cramps
- drowsiness and tiredness, and
- Lastly, vomiting
Things to remember while taking OxyCodone?
- According to the experts, people should not consume this drug if you have any severe respiratory problems.
- Stomach age and intestinal problems make the medicine more complicated
- Oxycodone can be addictive so do not take it beyond the prescription
- Also, taking this medicine with alcohol and any other drug is worse.
- Do not use OxyCodone if you are allergic to oxycodone or if you have any breathing problems(asthma).
- Also, do not give oxycodone to children below than 10 years
- Oxycodone can pass into breast milk to baby health and cause drowsiness, breathing problems(exhale-inhale), or death in an infant.
- It can cause life-threatening withdrawal signs in the baby after it is born or in the future.
- Also, babies born dependent on may need medical treatment for several weeks.
How should I use OxyCodone?
- Take OxyContin according to prescribed.
- Obey the directions on the prescription label information and read all medication guides information.
- Also, never use oxycodone in more massive amounts or do not use longer than prescribed.
- Inform your doctor if you feel an increased urge to take more oxycontin.
- And never share this medication with another person, especially someone with a history of drug-addicted.
- It would be best if you did not stop using OxyContin suddenly. Thus, follow according to doctor’s instructions about tapering dose.
- Store at recommendation room temperature, And away from heat and flame, moisture and light.
- Keep track of your medicine.
- Furthermore, oxycodone is a drug of abuse, and you should be alerted if anyone is misusing your medication or without a prescription.
- Just one tablet (dose) can cause death in someone using this medicine accidentally or not-properly.
- So, tell your pharmacist where to locate a drug take-back disposal program.
- Thus, if there is no take-back program, flush the unused medicine
down the toilet.
Oxycotin is the best medicine and you can buy oxycontin online as well. However, it has some side-effects as well therefore consult a doctor before taking any medicine. Among other narcotic painkillers, it is the widely used one for medical purposes.