Lortab Addiction, Abuse, and Treatment
The generic name of Lortab is Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone. These two compositions belong to opioid analgesics and anilide analgesics. Hence, it is used in the multipurpose role of the human body.
The primary function of hydrocodone is to provide relief from moderate-to-severe pain. Other than that, acetaminophen helps to reduce fever and tiredness in the body. Therefore, Lortab is widely available in a medical feel, and it is one of the best over-the-counter (OTC) tablets.
Lortab is easy to take and does not need any special implication while taking Lortab. However, it belongs to the narcotic drug class. And it can make a person addicted and depending. But, doctors do not recommend Lortab to children below six years, and it is common among adults and teens.
Side-effects of Lortab (Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone)
Like other medications, Lortab comes with multiple side-effects range between common to rare and moderate-to-severe.
And these are the common side-effects of Lortab:
- Sedation is a common and obvious symptom of taking Lortab
- Dizziness and nausea have seen in children above 10 years
- You may feel sleepy and tired
- Vomiting is also common, so you do not have to worry, but it depends on what you eat while taking Lortab.
- Euphoria/hallucination is common if you take a high dose of Lortab.
Rare side-effects of Lortab
- Anxiety and depression
- Constipation is common among adults
- Bipolar disorder can happen if you take it regularly
- Urine problem
- Lack of breathing
- Problem in hearing
- Sometimes you may feel itches and rashes on your skin
Precautions while taking Lortab
- If you are allergic to the chemical composition of Lortab, then do not take it
- Also, avoid taking Lortab with alcohol, tranquilizers, and any other narcotic medications.
- The doctor also interact with other medicines with opioid and non-opioid medications
- Furthermore, people who have mental disorders can also take Lortab but under the supervision of doctors
- Be cautious if you have liver disease and cirrhosis
- Also, mention doctoring if you have any history of addiction.
- Do not forget to mention if you have any kidney diseases
- People with low blood pressure should not take it very regularly
Lortab is a common medicne for the treatment of moderate-to-severe pain. But you need to be a little attentive while taking this drug because it has many side-effects depending on various factors like age, gender, medical history, and more.
You can buy Lortab online, but you should first consult a doctor because a healthcare provider will suggest a suitable dosage.