Hydrocodone: Uses, Side Effects & Dosage Guide
Hydrocodone is a popular mediation for moderate-to-severe pain. And it is available in mixture with other ingredients. Therefore, different combinations of products are prescribed for different uses.
Some hydrocodone combination ingredients help in the treatment of fever are used to relieve moderate-to-severe pain. Also, other elements of the medical help in cough relief.
How does it work?
Hydrocodone is available in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. And in a class of medications called antitussives.
Furthermore, Hydrocodone reduces pain by modifying the way the brain and nervous system respond to the problem.
Also, It relieves cough by decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing.
So, you will take hydrocodone with at least one other medication.
However, make sure to read information about its ingredients in the hydrocodone product you are taking.
Therefore, ask your doctor or healthcare provider if you have any queries.
Side effects of this medication?
Hydrocodone combination medication may lead to some side effects.
So, tell your doctor if any of these symptoms come up.
- and, drowsiness
- fuzzy thinking
- difficulty urinating
- also, abnormally happy or abnormally sad mood
- dry throat
- narrowing of the pupils
- and, rash
Serious side-effects are:
- chest tightness
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite,
- weakness, or dizziness
- slowed or irregular breathing
- and, hallucinations
- Also, confusion, fast heartbeat,
- loss of coordination,
- and, nausea,
- shivering, severe muscle stiffness or twitching,
- vomiting, or diarrhea
- Also, decreased sexual desire
- inability to get or keep an erection
- Lastly, irregular menstruation
Thus, if any of these side-effects appear, then ask your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- narrowed or widened pupils
- Also, slow, shallow, and stopped breathing
- slowed or stopped heartbeat
- and, cold, clammy, or blue skin
- excessive sleepiness
- and, loss of consciousness
- Also, death
Hydrocodone is common medicine and it is good for the human body but asks your doctor before buying hydrocodone. Therefore, ask your doctor before taking this medicine.